[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Help Late Fill Problems! -

Help Late Fill Problems!

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jccarlin
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help Late Fill Problems!

Postby jccarlin » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:37 pm

So I didn't get to fill my rink this year until Thursday night / Friday morning due to 6 day work weeks and hockey games. I expanded it to 48 feet this year and moved it to where a swing set was. That gave me only a 5" pitch which is fantastic. Night was in the low teens but due to the slow flow of my outdoor hose it didn't get filled until close to 1 AM. Went to sleep with it already glazing over. There was a 40% chance of snow and sure enough about 6 AM there was a coating on it and ended up with about a 1/2" by 9 AM when it ended. Snow caused it to start have holes and wet spots. When I was finally able to get the snow off I was left with a lower level and about an inch of ice and no water underneath the ice. I know the weight caused problems with it freezing by insulating it and pushing down on it. Am I looking at a hole in my liner?? Or did the weight of the snow force the water out and how? If I had a hole in the liner it had to be small enough that the fill was faster than the leak?? If I try and fill again am I looking at it leaking out again if I don't see a visible leak which I didn't or was it the snow?

Thanks!!!

JC

TNT-Ice
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 32 x 70
Materials: PT 2x4 DIY Brackets, 19/32 OSB 24" high boards (48" high on shooting end), Iron Sleek liner

Re: Help Late Fill Problems!

Postby TNT-Ice » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:27 am

When you removed the snow you also removed the water that the snow had soaked up. Do you have ice outside the rink? If you don't than you most likely don't have a leak.

No leak --> flood again
Leak --> try to find it / fix it / flood again

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”