[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Should I flood over existing snow? -

Should I flood over existing snow?

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
drbhomer
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 40x60
Materials: 2'x8'x3/4" plywood boards with 2'x4'x3' posts hammered in 1' below grade.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Should I flood over existing snow?

Postby drbhomer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:51 pm

My rink is 60x40. The deep end has 15 inches of solid ice but my shallow end only has 2 inches. We just had a snowfall and I have 3-4 inches of snow covering the ice. I want to add 3 more inches of water in order to bring the shallow end up to 5 inches of ice. I am planning on adding the new water in 1 inch layers, allowing that to freeze before adding the next inch. I'm getting 2 different opinions...the first is to flood the first inch directly on top of the existing snow, and the second opinion is to remove the snow and then begin the flooding process. My concern is if I flood over the existing snow, when it freezes, the surface will be more difficult to manage than if I first remove the snow then flood directly onto the ice.

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”