[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
College Rink -

College Rink

Pictures, Videos...let's see your slab!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Will
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 24x48
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

College Rink

Postby Will » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:13 am

I built this bad boy last semester and have been using it nearly every day since! I'm originally from Arizona, but playing in my backyard has always been a dream. Thanks for all the help!

We did it college style (low budget!):
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (108.37 KiB) Viewed 6018 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (93.33 KiB) Viewed 6018 times

Chris
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 60x40
Materials: 1" 4x8 plywood ripped into 3 16"x8' sheets.2"x4" & 2"x6" brackets

Re: College Rink

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:21 pm

Looks awesome! Haha college budget is the way to be! my first year was old telephone poles that were stacked in the woods behind my house when I bought it and a few areas where I stuck plywood on the ground with stakes behind it where the ice ended up being 22" thick!! (leveled out quite a bit since)
It was not pretty but the ice was so thick I was skating on about 40% of the rink in april that year with shorts and a T-shirt! (well shaded area)

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: College Rink

Postby kevmac » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:48 pm

My first boards where pallets that were used for carrying vegetables. I bought them for $1 a piece and spent two days before Christmas cutting most of them in half with a Skil-saw. Bought a cheap 50x100 blue tarp off eBay and used packed snow inside and under the tarp to make my base. It was still the best backyard rink I ever skated on to that point in my rink making career. I still have a couple of those pallets hanging around the yard to stack my boards and tarps on. The rest found their final destination in my firepit.

For those wondering, pallets that have been used for carrying vegetables never lose that rotten veggie smell even after years of sitting in snow and ice or even when they are burning into ash. Awful smell! Blech. :-)

PS - nice choice of stick, loved the S19s.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Return to “Show Off Your Rink”