[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Rookie rink in Nebraska -

Rookie rink in Nebraska

Pictures, Videos...let's see your slab!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
deke302
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 24 x 36
Materials: 2 x 12 base boards and Blue Lake Plastic liner
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rookie rink in Nebraska

Postby deke302 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Here are a few pictures of my backyard rink from Nebraska. Really excited to see how it turns out now that it is getting cold.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (40.83 KiB) Viewed 7513 times
Derek "Deke"

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: Rookie rink in Nebraska

Postby kevmac » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Looks good but I have one question:
Where's the diving board for that deep end? :-)
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

deke302
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 24 x 36
Materials: 2 x 12 base boards and Blue Lake Plastic liner

Postby deke302 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:01 pm

I know, it was either attempt this year or wait till next. Couldn't afford to do anything with the ground this year. Not exactly sure how I am going to afford it next year but will look at that then. That being said it is deep! (lol)

Great to be a part of this blog, thanks!
Derek "Deke"

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Postby kevmac » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:50 pm

I've had the same ongoing problem in my backyard. I think I started with 5" on the shallow end and probably close to your 18" at the other. Over the years and several loads of topsoil, I've been slowly building up the deeper ends so that it is now a more manageable difference (5" in some areas, more in others). As I say a lot, one of the biggest assets you can have for your backyard rink is patience.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Roadrage
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 40 x 60
Materials: 2''x12''x10' Boards. Iron Sleek Brackets & White Liner.

Postby Roadrage » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:16 pm

Deke.. I've got a guy who will flatten your land in about 2 hours. He charged us $200 - but your space is smaller.. so not sure if he'd do it for less. He used a box scrapper (or something like that).. and his wife is a teacher at Bennington Elementary - so he's local. You'll have to wait 'till next year now.. but at least it can be done. We were in the same boat.. 14 inches off from one side to the other and it would have been 18 inches in the "deep" end for us. It ended up being cheaper to get him to level it then to go out and buy more 12 inch boards, brackets, braces & pay for the extra water (at least that's what I told my husband.. so let's go with that story :).

Can't wait to meet you & your boys.. so funny that you're practically a neighbor!

Erin
Erin
Omaha, NE
40x60 Rink
2''x12''x12 Boards / Iron Sleek Brackets

Return to “Show Off Your Rink”