[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Rink construction - Page 2 -

Rink construction

Pictures, Videos...let's see your slab!
corbyville
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 40x80
Materials: 2x4 x 3/4 ply boards.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rink construction

Postby corbyville » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:59 am

Thanks. I cant take credit for the design. I seen it online by a guy that posted pics. "reasonfortherink"
He has built a fantastic looking rink for his charity events.
My side boards are one sheet of 3/4 ply with a top rail made of a 2x4.
Rink construction will be done today i hope. I had to bring in another load of sand to get ground level as it was out almost 12" still.
I will post more pics soon. IT BETTER BE A GOOD WINTER!!! LOL

Joe
Site Admin
Rink Dimensions: 40x56
Materials: 2x12 boards, Chelmsford Forum Boards (on the shooting end), and homemade wooden brackets

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:06 am

Yes, I remember that guy. Beautiful rink for his ill child.

Can you share the exact measurements for the corners? I'm not much into geometry and not sure exactly what the angles should be, but absolutely want to replicate those in the next month or so.

Thanks again...I'd love to highlight this build on the blog when you're done and willing to share all the details.
I'm Joe from Backyard-Hockey.com and EliteRinks.com.

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Oh, and check out our new book -

corbyville
Seasoned Veteran
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby corbyville » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Sure I can share the dims for the corners. Give me a few days to finish off rink.

wilsondmw
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 56 x 26
Materials: 2 x 12 x 12's (2x6s scribed under low spots for leveling)
Plastic Liner (-Wilmette Bike Shop)

Postby wilsondmw » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi,

Great looking boards. Am the process of building some boards myself and was curious what kind of plywood you used and if you are worried about the Plywood rotting.

I am using (non-treated) 1/4 plywood--because it is easiest to bend, and I am doubling up the sheets to add a bit of sturdiness, but am worried about ROT as the sheets are not treated.

Any advice on what to treat with or if I should bother? The base of the boards is treated wood, but the boards themselves are the plywood...

I see that you painted yours white on the front...will that be enough?

thanks,
M

apologies for asking this question in two different forum discussions...

corbyville
Seasoned Veteran

Postby corbyville » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:29 pm

I have painted all the edges of the plywood to help prevent moisture from getting between the ply's.
Also painted all the bottoms of the boards sitting on the ground.
I didnt use pressure treated since painting is enough. The wood is mostly exposed to frozen temps.
Me myself I'm not concerned about the wood rotting. If it lasts 4 or 5 years I'm happy.
I will freshen up paint next year before i install it again and may water seal or paint the back of the boards.

wilsondmw
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 56 x 26
Materials: 2 x 12 x 12's (2x6s scribed under low spots for leveling)
Plastic Liner (-Wilmette Bike Shop)

Postby wilsondmw » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Thanks,

Again, they look great...should make for fun hockey this winter...

corbyville
Seasoned Veteran

Postby corbyville » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:45 am

Joe you still need info on my corner boards?
Sorry i haven't posted yet.
Been using all my free time building a change room/ skate up bar for rink.

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Postby kevmac » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:01 am

I think the measurements would be handy for a lot of people. I know I am going to have to replace my corner boards next year after my rink's tragedy last week.

One thing I did find out while fixing my rink (for the 2nd time this season) is my curved corner boards were quite possibly cut from a 2x10' which I happen to have four lying around. Springtime project will be trying to cut a curved "2x4" from a 2x10.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

corbyville
Seasoned Veteran

Postby corbyville » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Use the method i did.. very easy.
I posted a drawing in my other thread.
I also have extra pieces and could send you one as a template.
For those that are interested i will make my plans available for free.
Download the free version of "solidworks viewer"
link here ---->>>> http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/eD ... dcheck.htm

Message me with your email and i will send you the rink 3d model. You can take all the measurements and view in 3D.

If you plan to sell the plans don't ask for them. Ive got over a 100hrs into making the model.
Please credit me if you plan to share in a blog or elsewhere online.

krisling
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 40X55
Materials: 2X12's, 3 stakes supporting every 2"X12"X12'. 45X60 6mil liner from NiceRink

Postby krisling » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Almost finished!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (45.04 KiB) Viewed 17162 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (22.87 KiB) Viewed 17162 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (32.21 KiB) Viewed 17162 times

Return to “Show Off Your Rink”