[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
HomeBoni From HomeDepot Ontario -

HomeBoni From HomeDepot Ontario

Pictures, Videos...let's see your slab!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kd_special
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 15x27
Materials: PlyWood Boards/Iron Steaks/Home Depot Vapor Barrier
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

HomeBoni From HomeDepot Ontario

Postby kd_special » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi thought I would post a picture of the HomeBoni I made from the website. total cost was under 20 bucks

I opted for a few different pieces that were available at Homedepot mainly threaded fitted 1/2 inch pipe so no gluing required. It works really well. The first time i used it the pressure of water was way too much and I ended up flooding a few inches of water on the Slab. I didn't have a choice I didn't want to run inside to turn the pressure down on the water and I couldn't use the valve on the homboni to hold the pressure back because it would have just leaked all over my hands or my yard...

The second time I used It I opted to not even hook up the hose and just use a watering can with hot water and it worked like a dream. My rink is small so One Gallon of hot water did the whole rink. Perfect... As opposed to the first time when i must have wasted a bunch of hot water....$$$$ a few gallons at least

Thanks to backyard-hockey site for the design...

kd
Attachments
IMG_10021.jpg
IMG_10021.jpg (169.4 KiB) Viewed 9609 times
IMG_10011.jpg
IMG_10011.jpg (162.34 KiB) Viewed 9609 times
IMG_09981.jpg
IMG_09981.jpg (85.35 KiB) Viewed 9609 times

kd_special
Rink Rookie

Re: HomeBoni From HomeDepot Ontario

Postby kd_special » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:41 pm

A few more picts... finished product and results
Attachments
IMG_10161.jpg
IMG_10161.jpg (162.36 KiB) Viewed 9608 times
IMG_10031.jpg
IMG_10031.jpg (132.45 KiB) Viewed 9608 times

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Postby kevmac » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Yes, the underground sprinkler pipes are a godsend for those who want to avoid the gluing of PVC pipes together. The other bonus for these pre-threaded pipes is that if one breaks (and they will, I've broken many) then you only have to replace the broken piece and not the entire thing.

Love the watering can idea! Congrats on making it through that warm spell and it looks like you are skating again!
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

kd_special
Rink Rookie

Postby kd_special » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:16 pm

yeah the warm spell was a big one plus 13 for almost 2 days. The next war spell is on its way in 2 days. But it will still be below zero at night and highs of 1 to 3 during the day.

The last spell was really hot. With temps not getting below zero at night at all. So i assume the rink will hold up better this time around. Im hoping so anyways. Any thing I should watch out for with plus temps during the day and below zero temps at night? Or take the same approach don't bother doing anything until its below zero day and night...

lkd

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Postby kevmac » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Not much you can do - sit, relax, drink a beer and hope it stays cold enough so you can skate in the morning.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Return to “Show Off Your Rink”