[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Woody's rink 2012-2013 -

Woody's rink 2012-2013

Pictures, Videos...let's see your slab!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Woody
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Woody's rink 2012-2013

Postby Woody » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi all,

I am still a rookie, this year we are building a rink for only our second time. Last Saturday we put up the boards. I use sheets of 5/8" plywood ripped to 16", painted white on the inside. I put 16" ferring strips (with points on the bottom end) about every 4 feet, each is driven about 10" in to the ground. I then put the triangular braces intermittently around the rink, using more where the water is deeper. I use 24" rebar through the triangular braces in the deepest parts. This year we added two lights (500W bulbs each), mounted on 10' 4x4s. I also built a bench for the kids, complete with a stick rack. The dirt-box you see in the bottom left of the picture is one of my horse shoe pits. Now I just need some cold weather in the forecast so I can put in my liner and flood! I'll post more pictures when we get to that step. I am looking forward to learning from all of you this year, special thanks to Joe for a great opportunity to share ideas and create great rinks!

Woody
Attachments
12-13 rink.jpg
12-13 rink.jpg (36.82 KiB) Viewed 6948 times

Return to “Show Off Your Rink”