[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Rink 2012_2013 - Page 3 -

Rink 2012_2013

Pictures, Videos...let's see your slab!
MLeslie347
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 32 x 80
Materials: Nicerink bracket and 18" board system

Re: Rink 2012_2013

Postby MLeslie347 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 pm

I'd be standing in front of the window staring at that all morning myself--looking great!!

I never complain about the cold during rink season, but I'm with you on the desire for just a bit of a warm-up. Hosting my league team tonight for a little after-dinner pond hockey. The forecast went from low 20's (F), then to the mid teens, now looking at around 9F tonight and the guys are dropping like flies, lol.

Oh well, more beer for the hardy, thick-blooded few. :-)

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Postby kevmac » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:19 pm

Yeah, it's -2'F here right now. No way I could convince anyone to play in this cold. I shoveled on Tuesday night when it was similar temperature and then went for a quick skate and when I say quick, I mean quick. Up and down the rink about 3 times and my face was frozen. Done!

It's supposed to be 10'F (-12'C) on the weekend (but terribly sunny) so hopefully I have some positive responses.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

HaleSkater
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 26 x 52
Materials: 3/4" plywood
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby HaleSkater » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:37 am

These wide angle shots of giant, gorgeous rinks are enough to make me want to buy my neighbor's house and tear it down for more space!

She's a beaut kevmac!

On the other element of this thread...the cold...I have found that there is NO temperature too cold for skating. Layers, layers, layers, and a covering for the face and all is well...especially if you are moving around a lot.

This past Monday morning it was -10F (-23C). I threw on a Nike cold weather running shirt, two more long sleeved shirts and a giant puffy hoodie. On the bottom a had long johns, fleece pants and then sweat pants. Regular winter gloves, stocking cap, and a cheap "balaclava" for my face. I went down to the park (more space than our small kid rink) and was the only one there...which meant I had no qualms about making very loud simulated crowd noise as I carried the puck up the ice for each wicked slapper. :-)

An hour and twenty minutes later I left with a sweaty head, a big smile and 4 "found" pucks that made my son pretty happy. I love Minnesota winters!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Show Off Your Rink”