[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Slushy New Years Day -

Slushy New Years Day

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
UnionAMG
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 64 x 36
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Slushy New Years Day

Postby UnionAMG » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:50 am

New Years Eve was not kind to me for my first rink. At only 2" of ice thickness my rink was not walkable and we got 2-3" of snow last night. I awoke to parts of my liner torn off the boards from wind and laying on top of the ice, and overall a slushy mess with still only 2" of ice under 1/2" of semi-frozen slush.

I think from all my reading of past years messages, I have to just be patient at this point, wait for the slushy top layer to freeze solid, maybe even longer to create a safe 3+" of ice, and then get to work on resurfacing? Any advice (either as reassurance of this plan, or another option) would be greatly appreciated
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (90.01 KiB) Viewed 10859 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (90.29 KiB) Viewed 10859 times

TNT-Ice
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 32 x 70
Materials: PT 2x4 DIY Brackets, 19/32 OSB 24" high boards (48" high on shooting end), Iron Sleek liner

Re: Slushy New Years Day

Postby TNT-Ice » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:59 am

Bummer!

I'm also a newbie but my advise at this point is to do exactly as you described and be patient. Once solid resurface several times to get to a nice flat surface.

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: Slushy New Years Day

Postby kevmac » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:16 am

Pull back the liner and keep it off the ice, then let it sit. Let that slush freeze and then get to flooding when it will hold your weight.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”