[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Heave near center of rink -

Heave near center of rink

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TNT-Ice
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 32 x 70
Materials: PT 2x4 DIY Brackets, 19/32 OSB 24" high boards (48" high on shooting end), Iron Sleek liner
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Heave near center of rink

Postby TNT-Ice » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:58 pm

After a week+ of warm temps we finally have some <32 temps. We did not lose the ice sheet during the warm up. Last night was the first scheduled <32 night in over a week. My boys and I did a hot water resurface with our homeboni last night.

We just went out for another resurface and I noticed a good size heave near the center of the rink. The heave is gradual and 1-2 inches higher at the peak.

I suspect the best approach is to continue to resurface.... We plan to skate starting on Thursday and have a family event on Sunday.

Any advice?

TNT-Ice
Seasoned Veteran
Materials: PT 2x4 DIY Brackets, 19/32 OSB 24" high boards (48" high on shooting end), Iron Sleek liner

Re: Heave near center of rink

Postby TNT-Ice » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:04 pm

Looks like we need to resurface many times to add about 2" of ice surface.....

I've read elsewhere that cold water is better than hot water for building ice depths. Is there any truth to that?

TNT-Ice
Seasoned Veteran

Re: Heave near center of rink

Postby TNT-Ice » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:43 am

Several resurfaces yesterday / last night and we added an inch of ice. I just finished the 2nd resurface so far today. We're slowly getting back to flat as we fill the spaces between the bumps and humps.

We should be in good shape for the family visit on Sunday.

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”