[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Water pump for home made zamboni -

Water pump for home made zamboni

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Natbea09
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Water pump for home made zamboni

Postby Natbea09 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Hey guys I'm hoping some of you experienced people would be able to give me a hand. I have a large pond that's not far off from a regulation rink. I want to use a pump in the pond to feed a hand held Zamboni. I have not made the zamboni yet, so I was wondering if there are any tutorials on making them. I'd like to make it as big as I can because I have a large area to cover. Also, any ideas on how I would be able to hook up a water pump to a hand held zamboni? How many gallons per minute pump do you guys recommend? Thanks for any help!

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: Water pump for home made zamboni

Postby kevmac » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:03 am

I think it all depends on the hose that you are hooking up to the water pump. I would gauge the size of homeboni by the size of the hose that you are using. My setup is made of 1/2" PVC hooked up to a 3/4" hose and it works fine. If you had 2.5" hose I think you could have a comparable sized homeboni to handle the increased water supply, you just need the right sized PVC to made it from.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”