[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Frozen Slush Chunks - Need Advice -

Frozen Slush Chunks - Need Advice

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dale
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 40 x 30
Materials: 2x 10"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Frozen Slush Chunks - Need Advice

Postby Dale » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:51 pm

Hello all. I would like some input on what to do - if anything for my rink.

Recent timeline:

12/25 - about 2 inches of ice. I went through when testing it.
12/26 - 4 inches of snow in the morning. I went out to roof rake it off at 3pm and it was all slush. Took forever to do. Tons of bumps and chucks of slush
12/29 - 40 degree weather and some rain.
12/30 (today) - Smaller bumps gone with warm snap, but still some large chunks of slush. Currently 19 degrees. Will be below 32 until Sunday. BUT, they are forecasting some more snow for tomorrow.

The chunks are bad enough that I don't feel it is safe for the kids to go on, lest they trip.

Should I try and use the hose and hot water to melt down some of the chunks before I get snow tomorrow? I am not sure if I will be able to scrape them up once we get ice that I can actually walk/skate on by the end of the week.

Any advice appreciated.

Dale

soupy01833
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 24x56
Materials: 2x4 stakes. 3/4 ply with 2x4 perimeter 18 inches high

Re: Frozen Slush Chunks - Need Advice

Postby soupy01833 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:18 pm

I use a floor scraper. works great. 19.99 at home depot

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”