[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Need advice - We got snow -

Need advice - We got snow

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dale
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 40 x 30
Materials: 2x 10"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Need advice - We got snow

Postby Dale » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:26 am

Hope all is well. Third year with my rink in Buffalo - 30x40. I laid down the liner yesterday after shoveling out about 8 inches of snow within the frame. I didn't start filling yet, and of course we got another 6 inches of snow last night.

I would like to start filling soon, so any advice on doing it with the snow in it would be appreciated. I don't want to create a bumpy slush pool.

Weather for the next week will be below 30, with one day getting into the low 40's.

Thank
Dale

Jeff22
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 24x36 feet
Materials:

Re: Need advice - We got snow

Postby Jeff22 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:15 pm

I think most will agree that shoveling the snow out of the liner is pretty risky. You don't want to tear it and end up with leaks. I'd find a way to compact that snow, be it a lawn roller, snow shoes, a sheet of plywood you can lay down and walk all over, anything really, to pack the snow down as hard as you can. Then get the hose out and just soak it till it's slush and you'll have yourself a really nice solid base to work with.

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”