[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
ripped liner! -

ripped liner!

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
corbyville
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 40x80
Materials: 2x4 x 3/4 ply boards.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ripped liner!

Postby corbyville » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:37 am

Well we were having a grand old time skating lastnight and then it happened!
The day before we had snow and mild temps. While clearing off the snow the ice buckled on one side and didn't freeze back up well overnight.
One of the kids fell and went through this section and cut the liner with his skate.
Last night i put tuck tape over the 5" cut and placed a brick on it. I did wrap the brick in a white canvas bag first and seem to be good.
Today i went to local pool store and got some boxer 100 underwater vinyl adhesive. I used a extra section of liner and applied glue to it. Removed brick and tuck tape, applied patch, placed a ziplock bag of sand then brick on top.
Hope this works!
Im told this boxer 100 glue works well.

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: ripped liner!

Postby kevmac » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:50 am

Oh no! Tuck tape is miracle tape in my opinion. I sure hope the adhesive works and you are skating again soon.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

corbyville
Seasoned Veteran

Postby corbyville » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:54 am

I wish i had of left the tuck tape on and placed adhesive patch over top.
Tuck tape didnt stick very well underwater though.
I goggled this boxer 100 vinyl adhesive and says its the champ for underwater repairs.

kevmac
Forum Moderator

Postby kevmac » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:04 am

It will stick, you just have to be patient with it. I have patched several holes under (near freezing) water with Tuck Tape; it's tough to withstand the cold on your hand but if you get all the air and water out from between the tape and the liner it will eventually stick. I know sounds crazy but it does work.

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

corbyville
Seasoned Veteran

Postby corbyville » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:43 am

Patch worked well.
Rink also has lots of ice now and kids enjoyed a nice 5hr skate again lastnight.

kevmac
Forum Moderator

Postby kevmac » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:05 am

Crisis averted!! Excellent news.

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”