[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Liner Down, Not Flooded, Snow Falling -

Liner Down, Not Flooded, Snow Falling

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TheBigHurt
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Liner Down, Not Flooded, Snow Falling

Postby TheBigHurt » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:12 am

Hello, love the site. My first post.

I'm sure many in Minnesota are experiencing this. I have my liner down but had not flooded yet. Was waiting for this weekend when temps are supposed to be very cold. We are getting a nice snowfall now with about 5 inches expected.

I assume I can still flood this weekend and the water will melt the snow and end up helping it fill up faster? Or is it recommended to remove the snow from the liner before filling with water. Anybody had this experience yet? I'm hesitant to remove the snow as I'm afraid I'll rip or puncture the liner. Appreciate any thoughts on this.

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: Liner Down, Not Flooded, Snow Falling

Postby kevmac » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Welcome to the site.

The great thing about snow is that it's made of water and will only help you fill your liner. As long as your liner is down, you shouldn't have any problem with filling with snow inside.

One thing you could do is pack the snow down inside your liner, this would make the water 'soak' the snow instead of trying to melt the snow while filling.

What is the upcoming forecast for temperatures in your area?

Cheers
Kevin
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

TheBigHurt
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:

Postby TheBigHurt » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Appreciate the feedback. probably a good idea to pack it down as you mention.

Here in the twin cities area it's not supposed to get much above 10 degrees F in the next week with some nice sub zero temps at night.

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Postby kevmac » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Packed wet snow freezes into a real nice base. This is how I used to make rinks before I have the nerve to order a tarp and cut the work effort considerably.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”