[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
What Can I Expect? Anyone else On Lake Ontario - Page 2 -

What Can I Expect? Anyone else On Lake Ontario

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
mbalcs33
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 68 x 42
Materials: 3/4" PT Plywood 16" high and kickplates - NiceRink Brackets and wooden stakes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What Can I Expect? Anyone else On Lake Ontario

Postby mbalcs33 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:25 pm

What is she thinking... you can't skate on the driveway?!?!

I know like most people on this board, my wife looks at me like I've lost my mind when I tell her I plan on spending an hour or so flooding the surface when the temps are cold enough at around 11pm.
I go with the 90/10 rule. 90% of the time I listen and respond to my lovely bride - 10% I forge alone out on an island and do what I think is right. The key is picking that 10% - building my first rink fell in this category, and now she couldn't be a bigger supporter. Our rink has became a magnet for neighborhood get togethers and great memories in no small part because of her. By the way, she has never put on a pair of skates - although she has promised our boys she is going to this year.

However you make it work nothing can replace those special moments:
Mike
Skating on ponds for 45 years, a backyard rink for 14

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The important thing is that we watch each other's backs out on the ice. That's what matters"
Zdeno Chara

mbalcs33
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 68 x 42
Materials: 3/4" PT Plywood 16" high and kickplates - NiceRink Brackets and wooden stakes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mbalcs33 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:49 pm

Part of this weekend's festivities:
Attachments
image.jpg
This Sunday's neighborhood "brunch"
image.jpg (141.7 KiB) Viewed 5578 times
Mike
Skating on ponds for 45 years, a backyard rink for 14

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The important thing is that we watch each other's backs out on the ice. That's what matters"
Zdeno Chara

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Postby kevmac » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Like the table setup... might have to plan a trip to New England! :-)
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

kd_special
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 15x27
Materials: PlyWood Boards/Iron Steaks/Home Depot Vapor Barrier

Postby kd_special » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:47 pm

That looks beautiful. I hope one day I own a house with a yard to make an adult sized rink. But I don't know if my family would see me often unless they strapped on skates. It really is so much fun having a private rink.

I would love to have one big enough for the neighborhood kids or my sons tyke team to come play on. One day

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”