[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Sloped surface -

Sloped surface

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mgernert
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sloped surface

Postby mgernert » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:44 pm

This is my first rink and we live in OH. I built the rink and started to out water In and noticed that my deep me was deeper then I thought. Long story short I had to build it up to 2' on the one end, and to not look stupid build the whole thing up 2'. So I filled it up so I would cover the liner. On the one end I have almost 2 feet of water and on the shallow end have about 3". After the cold spell the last two days I measured ( with the aluminum ice gage), and I have 2" of ice in the shallow me and 1" in he deep end . Is there any way to add watt to the shallow end and build it up, or should I just let the deep end get thicker ice and skate on a slopped rink.

Joe
Site Admin
Rink Dimensions: 40x56
Materials: 2x12 boards, Chelmsford Forum Boards (on the shooting end), and homemade wooden brackets

Re: Sloped surface

Postby Joe » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:21 pm

You'll never have a truly sloped rink - water/ice doesn't work that way. More likely, the ice is just freezing at different speeds, which could be due to something underground (septic?) or more shade in one spot than another. I built a few rinks this year with 2' in one spot and 3" in the other, and even then, it freezes perfectly flat. So just be patient and let the cold do its thing!
I'm Joe from Backyard-Hockey.com and EliteRinks.com.

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Oh, and check out our new book -

mgernert
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:

Postby mgernert » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:06 pm

I guess I should have said I messed up when I was trying to figure out the slope of the yard. So I have almost 2 feet of water in one end and 2-3 inches in the other.

Joe
Site Admin
Rink Dimensions: 40x56
Materials: 2x12 boards, Chelmsford Forum Boards (on the shooting end), and homemade wooden brackets

Postby Joe » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Gotcha...you're still ok. Just let the cold do its thing. The deep end will never freeze all the way to the ground, but that's ok...as long as it freezes enough to hold your weight you're good to go!
I'm Joe from Backyard-Hockey.com and EliteRinks.com.

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Oh, and check out our new book -

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”