[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Covering the rink...? -

Covering the rink...?

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
HaleSkater
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 26 x 52
Materials: 3/4" plywood
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Covering the rink...?

Postby HaleSkater » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:44 am

Anyone ever tried covering their rink when weather is set to be problematic?

They're forecasting freezing rain followed by snow starting overnight tonight in Minneapolis.

This is our first rink and it's very modest in size so it actually wouldnt be too hard to cover the entire thing while the rain and snow fall.

Other than a cover/tarp drooping and freezing to the ice in some spots, are there any issues with this approach?

Matt
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 70x25
Materials: 2x10's and 2x12's. homemade wooden triangle brackets with 1" metal stakes.

Re: Covering the rink...?

Postby Matt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:22 pm

a neighbor gave me an old swimming pool cover that i use along with some ratty tarps. i only leave them on overnight to catch the lake effect snows that we usually get at night. i left them on once during the day and i think the sun beating down on them caused them to stick to my ice a bit.

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”