[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Rink Tip: Pool skimmer to remove those unwanted leaves -

Rink Tip: Pool skimmer to remove those unwanted leaves

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Rink Tip: Pool skimmer to remove those unwanted leaves

Postby kevmac » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:32 am

My tarp has been in the rink for about a week now in the hope of catching some rain water as well as not having to lay it down when it's -10 and snowing. When 'Superstorm' Sandy blew through early last week, she deposited many leaves, spruce needles and small branches into the tarp. I needed to figure out a way to remove the majority of these leaves and other debris without damaging the tarp. I was planning on just getting my hands wet when my wife suggested that I borrow my brother-in-law's pool skimmer. What a glorious idea! With a little help from my 16-yo nephew and another skimmer in hand, it took us about 1.5 hours to clean the rink - a job well done.

If you don't know someone with a pool and you have an abundance of maple trees on your yard like I do, this might be an investment that could save you some time and your back. You'd be amazed at how the sun's heat is attracted to those leaves in the middle of January and February. Nothing worse than losing skating time to unwanted leaves in your ice.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”