[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Everyone is having ice problems -

Everyone is having ice problems

When to resurface? How to flood? What to do when...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Matt
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 70x25
Materials: 2x10's and 2x12's. homemade wooden triangle brackets with 1" metal stakes.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Everyone is having ice problems

Postby Matt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Including myself. We had about four inches of ice, with 2-8 inches of water underneath this morning. i had to work late and we got dumped on with 6 inches of snow today. my edges havent been freezing well and water seeped up and froze about 120 square feet of the snow. i got some of it chipped up tonight but the rest is froze about 1/2 inch to 3/4 thick and i'm pretty sure i cant get any more scraped up. where that snowed melted into the water and froze its not all that rough, and i can fix it with my homeboni. BUT, there is now a very distinct ledge left from it compared to my regular ice. i spent an hour jamming snow into the seeping wet edges and im hoping that with temps getting into the single digits tonight it will freeze and take care of the seeping. But what should i do about the two levels of ice i have now?? Heres what i'm thinking.

1, turn the garden hose on and try and level it up. i have board room to spare, but i hate to add more water and have it find a edge thats not completely tight and have the water go underneath the ice.

2. use my hose and the spray nozzle and add a thin layer at a time till it gets pretty even. this is the option i hope none of you pick cause i think itll take too long.

3. bucket dumps with hot water. here again i think it'll take too much time and water . and i dont want it to melt an edge and go underneath.

advice???

i cant just rope it off cause it's almost a third of my rink and it goes from end to end. there are three night of single digit temps coming up and i'll freeze solid and i'll get to skate the holy heck out of it. but i have to get that unleveled area smoothed out and better

Return to “Maintenance/Problems”