[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Help!! -

Help!!

Want to know what liner to use? Curious about how to brace your frame? Ask all your rink construction questions here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jccarlin
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help!!

Postby jccarlin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:32 pm

I had a great season last year in NJ and it was unreal!! I filled "Madison Square Carlin" two days ago with temps going to be in the single digits to teens for two nights thinking I'd be able to skate today. Sure enough I have ice but it is no good. It seems that I have a slow leak in my tarp. I had no problem filling and I have a 3 inch slope from one end to the other and was able to get it filled no problem. I even sat with a beer watching it freeze over just a tad bit next to my fire pit and never noticed any drop in level. I woke yesterday morning to see it frozen over with shell ice and down inches. In the end where it it is higher in slope I had about a quarter inch of ice and no water underneath. In the end where it fills 3' higher it was down to about any inch with no water underneath. Obviously it is not going to hold. It will thaw this weekend and I can drain it no problem. How do I find where it was leaking? I inspected it pretty well before filling and during the whole process and saw no signs of a leak. Any ideas on how to find a whole in the tarp?

Thanks,

John

Joe
Site Admin
Rink Dimensions: 40x56
Materials: 2x12 boards, Chelmsford Forum Boards (on the shooting end), and homemade wooden brackets

Re: Help!!

Postby Joe » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:29 am

Two thoughts - if it thaws down to 100% water and you have an idea where in the rink the leak is located, use liquid food coloring. If there is a leak, and you put the food coloring nearby, it will travel towards the hole so you can find it.

If you don't know where the hole is, your best bet might be to look around the perimeter of the rink and try to find damp wood, soggy ground, or a puddle.

Good luck!
I'm Joe from Backyard-Hockey.com and EliteRinks.com.

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Oh, and check out our new book -

Matt
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 70x25
Materials: 2x10's and 2x12's. homemade wooden triangle brackets with 1" metal stakes.

Postby Matt » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Good idea Joe with the food coloring. i've heard that before but thankfully have never had to do it. hope you get it patched up carlin.

jccarlin
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:

Postby jccarlin » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks for the idea guy's. Weather doesn't look good for the next week so I should be able to find the leak. As for skating that maybe awhile :(

Return to “Rink Construction”