[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
White Film for Covering 4' Boards? -

White Film for Covering 4' Boards?

Want to know what liner to use? Curious about how to brace your frame? Ask all your rink construction questions here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
17seconds
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 28x48
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

White Film for Covering 4' Boards?

Postby 17seconds » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:20 am

So, I want to cover my boards (4' on one end and 4' on the sides - think U shaped.

My liner will go over the sides of the 2x12" on three sides, so they'll be 'covered' and snow will but against it (supposed to get 2" tonite).

The issue is that 4' plywood. I didn't get a chance to paint them white before I installed, so it's a huge eyesore. I'd like them to be a nice solid white and they'll blend in with snow.

So, I thought 'wrap'. IronSleek offers board wrap but it's expensive. I thought about basic Tyvek HouseWrap (it's solid white on one side) - but all you can get are 150' rolls for like $150.

Googled 'white plastic sheeting' - maybe this stuff? Rink liners are 6m - this stuff is 5.5m. Black one side, white the other. 10x25 which would do the trick.

http://www.amazon.com/Panda-Film-Black- ... merReviews

Anyone else do anything like this?

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: White Film for Covering 4' Boards?

Postby kevmac » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:47 pm

I would think that anything you put there is going to get ripped (skates, sticks, helmets, pucks, etc) and will be just as much of an eyesore as the plywood, which I don't see as an eyesore in the first place. Are you planning on doing both sides of the boards because if not, the back side is going to be an "eyesore" if you are standing outside the rink. :-)

You can always paint it later on during a nice winter day.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Return to “Rink Construction”