[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Hello from Atlantic Canada -

Hello from Atlantic Canada

Who are you? Where are you from? Tell us about yourself.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
csauveur
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 72 x 24
Materials: 2x10's and plywood for boards, 2x4 and stakes for bracing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello from Atlantic Canada

Postby csauveur » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Great site. Ton's of great content and collaborative input. Love it!

I'm a second year backyard rinkmaster. That's not counting a stint in college where I ran the Zamboni at the campus rink. By "Zamboni" I mean scraping the snow off and walking an oil drum full of hot water across the ice surface to flood. And that was an indoor rink! Best college job ever!

We had a perfect winter last year for the first rink (25' x 40'). Going to expand to 25' x 75' this year, with the required associated upgrades - better boards, lighting, etc. Looking forward to lots of great inspiration from the forum.

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: Hello from Atlantic Canada

Postby kevmac » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Welcome to the site.

Is there any chance that was the old barn at STFX where you ran the Zamboni?
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

csauveur
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 72 x 24
Materials: 2x10's and plywood for boards, 2x4 and stakes for bracing

Postby csauveur » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Ha! Yeah, it was the old arena at STFX!

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Postby kevmac » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:37 pm

That's awesome. I used to play minor hockey there and the winning team usually had to scrape the ice - always pushing it south so that you could shovel it out the doors. Then some of the Dads would grab the hot water oil drums and flood the ice. Later on, I attended a couple of BurMac games there when I was at X. Loved that barn - I think that's where I honed my ice shoveling skills that I put to use on my backyard rink. I have it down to a system.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Return to “Introductions”