Great site/forum and lots of great tips.
My 10 year old twins play Squirt hockey, so this will be a great winter. Out of the house, off that friggin' Minecraft and on the ice!
Building my rink this weekend:
- 2x12 3 sides with the Iron Sleek brackets/kit (they are local so bought/picked up from them).
- 35x55 liner to wrap over the boards
- One end will feature 4' boards. Will snake around 4' on each side (think 4' 'U' shape).
- 2) 4x4x9 posts on each end which will house 2) 500W halogen lights each for a total of 2000W lighting the rink
- Will be ordering netting from Gourock.com to cover the 4' area from the top of the boards to 8'H.
- Will be building a Homeboni surfacer using a 20G can on sled and filled via 5g bucket with hot water from the house (can't get hose there)
- Foam pool noodles to cover top of higher boards.
- May string some Clark W. Griswold Christmas lights along the top of the rink.
- Perhaps some other surprises.
Will post pics when done.