[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Erin in MA -

Erin in MA

Who are you? Where are you from? Tell us about yourself.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
erin
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Erin in MA

Postby erin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:04 pm

As noted above, I'm Erin from Lowell, MA. While I never got to play organized hockey (my mother didn't allow it because she wanted me to grow up with all my own teeth), I've been a fan since I was but a wee tike. Still have my first little pair of skates, complete with Strawberry Shortcake laces. This is my first winter in my own home and, thus, my first attempt at a backyard rink. It will be 24x48, with a pretty significant slope putting my deep end at 18 inches. I'm not in the least bit handy so this project is at once exciting, intimidating and overwhelming. Yet, I remain confident that it will still turn out better than some of my father's well-intentioned attempts from my childhood. No kids for me yet, so there are no illusions as to just who this rink is for. Although I am hoping to get all my nieces over for a skating party in order to indoctrinate another generation. Particularly those little ones on my husband's side who are in danger of being brainwashed by the in-laws into Montreal Canadien fandom. This Bruins follower will not stand for that nonsense.

Joe, thanks for the site and all the helpful tips. I look forward to the continued growth of the site and the forum. Always great to see another Stonehill alum doing well (Both my husband and I are alumni - Class of 2001).

Here's to colder temps on the horizon!

Joe
Site Admin
Rink Dimensions: 40x56
Materials: 2x12 boards, Chelmsford Forum Boards (on the shooting end), and homemade wooden brackets

Re: Erin in MA

Postby Joe » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:45 am

I'm Joe from Backyard-Hockey.com and EliteRinks.com.

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Oh, and check out our new book -

Return to “Introductions”