[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Hello from Blackhawks Country -

Hello from Blackhawks Country

Who are you? Where are you from? Tell us about yourself.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sub32
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello from Blackhawks Country

Postby Sub32 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Hello All,

Glad to find a bunch of outdoor hockey / rink building nuts like me. I really enjoy the site.

Our rink started pretty much the way they all do. The first attempt was a small open area in the yard, some snow banks and a garden hose. That worked OK but over the years we bumped it up a few times. The current rink is 120' X 60' with boards made from 2x6 frames (basic wall construction) and 1/2" X 4' X 8' sanded plywood faces.

It's a pretty big production because we take it all down in the spring but we sure have a great time on the ice. I also get a lot of help from my teenage son and his hockey buddies. They definitely have the bug and may be as crazy about outdoor hockey as I am.

May your days be cloudy and cold... At least until April!

Pleased to meet you all.

Matt
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (91.33 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (68.42 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (68.67 KiB) Viewed 5154 times

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: Hello from Blackhawks Country

Postby kevmac » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:12 am

Hey Matt,

That is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on a great rink. I started off the exact same with an idea, a garden hose, packed snow and snow banks. The rink is now 34'x75' with 3'-4' high boards. It's crazy how addictive something like this becomes and what you are willing to put into a project. The construction and tear-down are always a lot of work, especially when it's a solo effort, so if you are willing to lend your teenage boy and his buddies for a weekend, I would greatly appreciate it. :-)

Can't wait for the cold weather to come
Kevin
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Reider
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:

Re: Hello from Blackhawks Country

Postby Reider » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:13 pm

That is an awesome looking rink!! I'm barely ready to flood my first ever rink and it's already a full on addiction. Bring on the cold!!

Return to “Introductions”