[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Hello from Wausau, WI -

Hello from Wausau, WI

Who are you? Where are you from? Tell us about yourself.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rmac78
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 175ftX70ft
Materials: 1/2"X16"X 8' ply wood, Brackets are 2x4

Hello from Wausau, WI

Postby rmac78 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 am

Hello all,
My name is Rich and I'm located in central WI (Wausau). This is the 2nd year now that My brother-in-law and I have set up our pond for pond hockey. Lat year we had a pond with about about 150 ft by 60 ft playing area and played every weekend. We made a zamboni that worked great which we still use this year. We have anywhere from 4 to 10 peaple show but we are looking for more players. We range in age from 10-60+ the most of us are in our 20s and 30s. This year we moved to our 2nd pond which is much better all around. He have a motorized sweeper this year and we put up 16" high boards to keep the puck in play and our rink is about 175 ft by 70 ft. Next year we plan on putting in lights and a warming hut/changing room. I am very excited to be a part of backyard-hockey.com and hope to get to know many of you backyard/pond hockey lovers as well.

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: Hello from Wausau, WI

Postby kevmac » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:17 am

Hey Rich,

Welcome to the site. It sounds like you are getting pretty close to official size of 100'x200'!! It sounds like the pond would be a great place for an afternoon game of shinny.

Cheers
Kevin
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Introductions”