[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
One of the best things about Pond Hockey?? -

One of the best things about Pond Hockey??

rinkratjoey
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 40wx80l
Materials: Retention pond. Snow for "boards" and pond hockey goals. Very old school! :)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

One of the best things about Pond Hockey??

Postby rinkratjoey » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:18 pm

At the end of the season, there's no boards to tear down and store; no tarp to roll up and get rid off. It just goes "poof" until it comes back. Gotta like that!!!

Here's hoping for a cold winter 2012/2013!!!
"I was never unhappy at the hockey rink"
-- Jack Falla

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: One of the best things about Pond Hockey??

Postby kevmac » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:54 pm

<shakes fist at rinkratjoey>

I know one thing - I don't lose as many pucks as I used to when I didn't have boards. :-)
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

PCMM
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PCMM » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:42 am

ah true, but a puck costs...89¢ each! I went through maybe a dozen this winter... boards cost how much?

ah1fgunner
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:

Postby ah1fgunner » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:10 am

Ahh, but my 8 year old is getting to have a pretty heavy shot - thanks in large part to a small cost factor for boards that allows him to shot without losing or chasing. They're a bit of a pain to set up and take down but worth it for the functionality and the aesthetic of your yard rink. My neighbor always says "Figure Skaters don't need boards"! - lol ;)

kevmac
Forum Moderator

Postby kevmac » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:55 pm

At .89c a piece, I believe my tally of pucks picked up in my yard after last season was well over 100 so I'm saving at least $100/season. :)

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

ah1fgunner
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:

Postby ah1fgunner » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah, well all I'm gonna say to that is windows cost more than pucks! ;)

Chris
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 60x40
Materials: 1" 4x8 plywood ripped into 3 16"x8' sheets.2"x4" & 2"x6" brackets

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:12 pm

two seasons later ive still got 8 of my first dozen with another dozen unopened on backup :) and theres a puck on my roof too....one of these days ill pull out the ladder and grab it haha. but it is a nice conversation piece.
plus i have no pond!

kevmac
Forum Moderator

Postby kevmac » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Joe
Site Admin
Rink Dimensions: 40x56
Materials: 2x12 boards, Chelmsford Forum Boards (on the shooting end), and homemade wooden brackets

Postby Joe » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:17 am

I have a dent in the cover of my nice stainless steel grill...courtesy of a rubber biscuit. Last winter, the grill was perched up on my deck, about 15' off the ground and probably 25' from the closest edge of the rink. It was a slapshot off the crossbar...up in the air, clearing the 12'-tall tennis court fence...and right down on top of the grill hood. Awesome.
I'm Joe from Backyard-Hockey.com and EliteRinks.com.

Oh, and check out our new book -

rinkratjoey
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 40wx80l
Materials: Retention pond. Snow for "boards" and pond hockey goals. Very old school! :)

Postby rinkratjoey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:53 pm

I'd still rather be sitting on the deck, with my feet up on my new bucket of pucks, watching you lug your boards to their storage spot. I'd help you carry that one but I need to grab another beer....be right back. :)
"I was never unhappy at the hockey rink"
-- Jack Falla

Return to “General Pond Hockey Discussion”