[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Tourney Time on the neighborhood rink (AKA Moyer Arena) -

Tourney Time on the neighborhood rink (AKA Moyer Arena)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Yooper
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tourney Time on the neighborhood rink (AKA Moyer Arena)

Postby Yooper » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:04 pm

So this Saturday is the 2nd annual Moyer Arena adult co-ed hockey tournament. 30 teams, roughly 100 games 4 minutes each. The family that has the rink (Moyers) have a FB check-in so you can let everyone know when you are there for drop in. The national anthem and ceremonial puck drop is at 3 with championship game set for 11 with fireworks (illegal) to follow. The special guest is the high school hockey coach for the past 30 years. Scraping the ice with our 2 huge scrapers every 3rd game and rink rake after every 20. Kegs get tapped at 2. Teams are ranked 1-30 with 30 being the worst. Double elimination. Team 1 plays team 2 and so on so a newbie doesn't play one of the 3 D1 players or the multiple Jr A and AAA players. Now the good part. Moyers used to be in executive suite sales for the Pistons. They know alot of other people in the biz so their give aways are sick. They have 4 autographed Pavel Datsyuk pucks. A signed Paul Kariya Blues Jersey. A jimmy howard stick. Josh Hartnell autographed stick and so on and so on. Awards go to best goal, best fall, best team name (Two in the pink and won on the rink is my fave. Shocker logo on pink jersey with pistons championship ring on one finger), they are doing a chuck a puck, and a shoot out for all non-players. If there is a tie it goes one on one sudden death girl on girl. After that is a shootout from across the rink. Flood lights will be on from the get go. DJ playing all day. Last year with that many people watching, it was hard to see the ice being 4 and 5 deep. So they built bleachers along the house so more people can see. We have been looking forward to this since October. My team name is "Skating Elvises". I even have a jump suit. I think this is the epitome of having a backyard rink in a hockey crazy town. Pretty tough to find 30 women that play hockey. My friends are trying to talk me into doing the Ned Braden strip tease with the trophy. What are your thoughts? There are 3 of us that really have been taking care of the ice and this week is like Christmas to us. We got 5 inches of snow today, but are leaving it on as insulation since it is below zero the next 3 days. 22 high on Saturday which is perfect. Rink rake will work fast. We have purchased lots of back-yard hockey gear from Zazzle. Wish you all could be here.

Chris
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 60x40
Materials: 1" 4x8 plywood ripped into 3 16"x8' sheets.2"x4" & 2"x6" brackets

Re: Tourney Time on the neighborhood rink (AKA Moyer Arena)

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:19 am

I wish we could have something like that around here! wow I need to know more hockey folks!

Joe! Lets make this happen!

Return to “General Backyard Rink Discussion”