[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Any tips to reinforce a (wimpy) steel goal post? -

Any tips to reinforce a (wimpy) steel goal post?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tsreyb
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 89FTx34FT
Materials: BRDS 3_4in plywood 18in H x 8ft L BRCKTS 1x6 cut 36in L end tapered to a point for driving in ground
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Any tips to reinforce a (wimpy) steel goal post?

Postby tsreyb » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:38 am

As my kids have grown (now HS and middle school) their shots have vastly outgrown the ability of our low-grade steel nets to withstand the impact of a puck. I guess that is good news for them. But for me (on a tight budget), not so good. I am trying to come up with a way to reinforce the steel tubing of my existing goals in order to get another season or two out of them before the tubing looks like flattened beer cans on the side of the highway.

I have thought of attaching pipe insulation or 1x2 lumber to the posts. Which is better? How to affix them?

Thanks
-Bob
Andover, MA

Return to “General Backyard Rink Discussion”