[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Rink Insurance -

Rink Insurance

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Joe
Site Admin
Rink Dimensions: 40x56
Materials: 2x12 boards, Chelmsford Forum Boards (on the shooting end), and homemade wooden brackets

Rink Insurance

Postby Joe » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Hey all...doing some background work on a blog post on this subject, but wanted to know (here and on our FB page):

Have you purchased additional insurance to cover property damage or injuries resulting from your rink? And does your insurance company know you have a rink?

More on this coming soon, but wanted to get a pulse in our community.

Thanks all!
I'm Joe from Backyard-Hockey.com and EliteRinks.com.

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Oh, and check out our new book -

CoachJim33
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 40x24
Materials: 3/4 in 8x4 plywood ripped in 16" for low boards.
3 full 8x4 sheets for shooting background.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rink Insurance

Postby CoachJim33 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:57 pm

No to both questions. I tell any of my kids friends that if they get hurt I'll just drag them off to the street. The age of litigation rears its' ugly head again.

I kinda feel the whole reason for having my own rink is to not worry about that stuff. I guess the thoight of personal responsibility still figures prominently in my mind. If you invite me to your house for dinner and I fall in your driveway on the way in, now I (or my insurance payer) have to sue you to pay my medical bills??? Ugh.

Hard to get back to the roots of hockey, or anything fun, when the lawyers get involved. With all due respect to lawyers.

MLeslie347
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 32 x 80
Materials: Nicerink bracket and 18" board system

Postby MLeslie347 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Yes and Yes. I've been carrying an additional umbrella policy for the past 6 years or so just for the added peace of mind liability-wise. When I originally called the insurance company and told them, they seemed less than interested as long as it wasn't any type of business or commercial venture.

Actually been considering dropping the umbrella as most of the neighborhood kids have grown up or moved away; so other adults aside, the only children that usually ever skate on the rink anymore belong to a few very close family friends. Always the chance that some random stranger could skate while my wife and I are away, I suppose, but have had a webcam on the rink for years and have yet to ever see any evidence of it.
Last edited by MLeslie347 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe
Site Admin
Rink Dimensions: 40x56
Materials: 2x12 boards, Chelmsford Forum Boards (on the shooting end), and homemade wooden brackets

Postby Joe » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:56 am

I'm Joe from Backyard-Hockey.com and EliteRinks.com.

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Oh, and check out our new book -

mtbhk44
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 40x18.5
Materials: 2x8 pressure treated boards, 60 2 foot long wood spikes, 30 2 foot long rebar spikes

Postby mtbhk44 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:39 am

Return to “General Backyard Rink Discussion”