[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Any ideas for rubber matting to use on cement? -

Any ideas for rubber matting to use on cement?

deke302
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 24 x 36
Materials: 2 x 12 base boards and Blue Lake Plastic liner
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Any ideas for rubber matting to use on cement?

Postby deke302 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:48 am

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to use for for rubber matting to use on cement. My rink is in backyard and we have the kids get dressed in the heated garage and then walk out of garage and through yard around side of the house to the backyard to the rink. Wondering if anyone else uses the black skate protecting pads or tiles or what you all use? Websites, ideas?

Thanks!

Deke
Derek "Deke"

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: Any ideas for rubber matting to use on cement?

Postby kevmac » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:56 am

You will see people using various things: some people use the rubber similar to matting that is used in horse stalls, other people just strap their skateguards or skaboots to the bottom and walk to the rink. I have a 28 foot path of plywood scraps laid down over interlock on the way to my rink. It works and does the job. It's also a second life for some old boards before they find their way into the fire.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

wilsondmw
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 56 x 26
Materials: 2 x 12 x 12's (2x6s scribed under low spots for leveling)
Plastic Liner (-Wilmette Bike Shop)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby wilsondmw » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:47 pm

I used this stuff for the walk out from the house to the rink...good for skate, a little tough on wallet, but it is a one-time investment and protects the deck from the skates and the skates from the deck...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Buffalo-Tool ... qdV2vRDvms

MLeslie347
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 32 x 80
Materials: Nicerink bracket and 18" board system

Postby MLeslie347 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:05 pm

I've used relatively inexpensive 24" x 24" floor mat tiles that I found at Sam's Club before. They aren't going to last forever, but I have a bunch that are now going on 4 seasons that cover the floor of my tiled screen porch (equipment/skate storage) across the patio and then across about 10' of grass to my rink. Was afraid that they'd be too fragile and sharp skate blades would cut right into them, but I'm a tad bit north of 200 lbs and routinely walk to and from my rink on skates across these tiles and they have held up well enough so far. They seem to run around $20 for a pack of 8 tiles.

Greybear
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 50ftx60ft
Materials: 7/16 OSB boards/liner/boards - 2/2/24 inch stakes on 2 sides & 6ft cedar fence on 2 sides.

Postby Greybear » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:36 pm

I use stall mats from Tractor Supply. A little expensive but they work great and they can be used year after year.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/r ... _vc=-10005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cr89xbl26g

Joe
Site Admin
Rink Dimensions: 40x56
Materials: 2x12 boards, Chelmsford Forum Boards (on the shooting end), and homemade wooden brackets

Postby Joe » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Yep, I had a customer this year use the stall mats. Look and feel just like the arena stuff. He bought 33 of them at $30/ea...do THAT math.
I'm Joe from Backyard-Hockey.com and EliteRinks.com.

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Oh, and check out our new book -

kevmac
Forum Moderator

Postby kevmac » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:01 am

33x$30= my wife is going to kill me.

Joe
Site Admin
Rink Dimensions: 40x56
Materials: 2x12 boards, Chelmsford Forum Boards (on the shooting end), and homemade wooden brackets

Postby Joe » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:08 am

This guy went with his wife to pick them up, haha. I should have gone into IT sales...
I'm Joe from Backyard-Hockey.com and EliteRinks.com.

Oh, and check out our new book -

kevmac
Forum Moderator

Postby kevmac » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:01 am

You and me both, apparently.

Roadrage
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 40 x 60
Materials: 2''x12''x10' Boards. Iron Sleek Brackets & White Liner.

Postby Roadrage » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:38 am

I don't think my husband is going to let me spend more on mats then we spent on the rink. "Budget-Smudget".. ;)
Erin
Omaha, NE
40x60 Rink
2''x12''x12 Boards / Iron Sleek Brackets

Return to “General Backyard Rink Discussion”