[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Water over the edges -

Water over the edges

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
HaleSkater
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 26 x 52
Materials: 3/4" plywood
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Water over the edges

Postby HaleSkater » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi all,

First skate of the year in the books here in minneapolis...a nice 2 hour family affair on Thanksgiving. Today we went for round 2 and got a little water up over the edges in a few corners.

My question...how much is too much water in this situation? I estimate it was perhaps 2 to 4 cups up over the side in 3 areas.

With such a small amount I guess I'm not worried about anything, but more curios as to how much folks tolerate before calling it off of h day. I imagine that if enough came up and over that a real problem could develop...

Any perspectives out there?

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: Water over the edges

Postby kevmac » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:07 pm

I wouldn't worry about a couple of cups of water, unless of course you happened to fall exactly where the water was and ended up with wet drawers. I've never had the problem of water seeping but I think you would be fine until it hampered your skating. As long as the ice is thick enough to support the combined weight of all the skaters, you should be good.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Return to “General Backyard Rink Discussion”