[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Cleveland should have ice soon -

Cleveland should have ice soon

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
48hockeydad
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 20x40
Materials: 2x10 and 2x12 treated; 3/8" x 18" rebar; 25x45 nice rink 6 mil liner;
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cleveland should have ice soon

Postby 48hockeydad » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:46 am

Hello again from Cleveland. Forecast is looking good over the next week. Boards have been set up for some time now. With Christmas I will not have a chance to spread out liner until Wednesday and start to fill. My concern is that we are supposed to get 6 inches of snow. Anyone have any experience with filling during a significant amount of snowfall?? Also, we have a golden doodle who loves the water. My other biggest challenge is keeping her out of the rink while freezing. Working an alternative fencing option. Suggestions?

MLeslie347
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 32 x 80
Materials: Nicerink bracket and 18" board system

Re: Cleveland should have ice soon

Postby MLeslie347 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:37 pm

If you'll have some good cold temps for a few days post-snowfall and your liner isn't in yet, I'd say wait until the snow falls, shovel/snowblow the rink area and then get the liner down and fill it up afterwards.

I do know a few people who put in their liner and fill as the snow falling and let the unfrozen water melt the falling snow, but if you don't time it right and get a skim ice coat before the snow falls, then you might end up with a slushy mess that might take longer to freeze than just waiting a couple of days longer to fill.

Hard call, but for what it's worth, if it were me and you were still going to have 4-5 nice cold nights going into New Year's weekend, I'd probably hold off until the snow wraps up.

Merry Christmas!

Return to “General Backyard Rink Discussion”