[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
To Chill or Not to Chill that is the ? -

To Chill or Not to Chill that is the ?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TheAWM
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

To Chill or Not to Chill that is the ?

Postby TheAWM » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:45 am

I am thinking about trying a homemade ice chiller. At least piecing it and building it myself rather than the expensive ones I see online. With my new house we were fortunate to have a tennis court in that backyard, nice and level baby, the only problem I am sticking to my original 20x40 ft rink this year. I live in RI and temps down here suck, no ice last year, and while I am optimistic this year I refuse to go through this again. So that being said I was looking at getting a used 10 ton glycol or brine chiller and I will make all the plumbing forward and return routes myself. With the nice flat surface this should be a snap. However I know nothing about chillers, anyone have any advice for me as far as what type and what I need to look for as far as pump sizes. Next year I am hoping to get the rink up to a 32x60 while the 10ton might be a little small I am trying to stay around 240volts for many reasons. Any suggestions?

Return to “General Backyard Rink Discussion”