[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
laying boards -

laying boards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

laying boards

Postby Ryan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Hey guys I already posted in the introductions but Im posting this one here as my other one hasnt been added yet. Again Im a Rook here lol. My question is when screwing my boards to my posts should I make sure that my boards are flush with the posts, I would have to push down the board so its flush with the ground than bang the post down so its also flush with the board than screw it to the post... make sense? Its just cause my yard is kinda bumpy, I figured I should do this that way when filling my rink the tarp dosnt push under the boards, I have a few gaps that I was just going to cover with scraps too. Anyways just wanna make sure im headed in the right direction. THanks again everyone.

Cheers

Ryan

Joe
Site Admin
Rink Dimensions: 40x56
Materials: 2x12 boards, Chelmsford Forum Boards (on the shooting end), and homemade wooden brackets

Re: laying boards

Postby Joe » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:28 pm

When using wooden boards with the typical yard, you're always going to have gaps. And I personally make it such that my gaps are between the boards, NOT between the ground and the boards. Very rarely will you see a wooden rink with NO gaps, so you need to decide where they are going to be. What I do is make sure my boards are flush with the ground, then if I have any gaps between boards (typically in a V-shape), I seal it up with tape, cardboard, old carpet, etc. Ultimately you want your whole rink to be free of any gaps (so the liner doesn't bulge out).
I'm Joe from Backyard-Hockey.com and EliteRinks.com.

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Oh, and check out our new book -

Ryan
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:

Re: laying boards

Postby Ryan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Awesome! thanks Joe you answered everything for me although Im sure I will be back lol, will be happy to share pics once its up and being used :)

Return to “General Backyard Rink Discussion”