[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
How to seal board logos? -

How to seal board logos?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hurley2012
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 40x60
Materials: plywood and 2x4 braces
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How to seal board logos?

Postby hurley2012 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:08 pm

I have spent the few weeks painting the original six logos on my boards. While in the process of doing so has made me even more upset that their may be more hockey played in my own yard than in any nhl barn this year. I have been trying to figure out if there is a good product to use to help seal these logos? I used an exterior paint for the logos and expect some puck marks but just want to help protect them somewhat. Any ideas?

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: Summer rink projects

Postby kevmac » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:51 am

Polyurethane? I know I have used that for other projects to protect the wood. Don't see why it wouldn't work for pucks.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

hurley2012
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions: 40x60
Materials: plywood and 2x4 braces

Postby hurley2012 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Polyurethane is what i was leaning towards trying. Thanks for the advice kevmac. Not sure how pics i can upload at a time

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Postby kevmac » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:08 am

Just be careful applying it to the paint at the beginning - probably start with a test area like they always recommend in the directions (yeah, I read directions most of the time). You don't want to ruin the original six paint jobs. Can't wait to see some pictures.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Return to “General Backyard Rink Discussion”