[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Pouring rain..... -

Pouring rain.....

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ah1fgunner
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Pouring rain.....

Postby ah1fgunner » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:16 pm

I had the rink fully restored for the weekend and even got in a great 3 hour skate last night. I awoke today to about a half inch of fresh, fluffy snow. Then. it started to snow/rain about noon and by 4:30 is was all rain. It's now 8 o'clock and it is pouring steadily!!! Sadly, I'm afraid this is most likely the end of our season. Ba humbug..... :(

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Re: Pouring rain.....

Postby kevmac » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:01 am

We are expecting 10-20 cm (4-8") of the white stuff over the next two days - followed by balmy +5'C (41F) for Friday and Saturday but dropping back down to -2/-5'C (28-25F) on Sunday and Monday. I'm planning on leaving the snow on the ice for insulation to protect it from the warmer weather. Clear it on Saturday evening right before it's supposed to get cold and see if I can't get a couple of more days of skating on the old girl. Very rare that we can skate in March - the damn sun is so hot now.

Hope you get a cold snap to freeze up that rain. :)
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Chris
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 60x40
Materials: 1" 4x8 plywood ripped into 3 16"x8' sheets.2"x4" & 2"x6" brackets

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:11 pm

my rink is cooked for the year...bummer 12 inches of heavy wet snow following several very warm days coupled with a deep rink meant floating slab to sinking slab plus crack = season over!
Maple syrup took over anyway so I guess its not all bad.

kevmac
Forum Moderator
Rink Dimensions: None
Materials: Sold the rink!

Postby kevmac » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:47 pm

Yup - I feel that is the general consensus for most of us on this forum. Unfortunately this season is probably going to go down as one of the most unforgettable, simply because of the crappy weather we had to put up with from the very beginning - whether it was the warm weather, late freezes or the constant snow followed by freezing rain we had to deal with in Eastern Ontario. Simply a brutal season for outdoor rinks... let's keep our fingers crossed for a frigid December 2012.
Making Backyard Rinks from 1999-2015
Twitter: @kevmac_5 or @macisaac_odr

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Return to “General Backyard Rink Discussion”