[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Thoughts on Tim Thomas? -

Thoughts on Tim Thomas?

NHL, College, Youth Hockey...talk about our indoor hockey counterparts in here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Joe
Site Admin
Rink Dimensions: 40x56
Materials: 2x12 boards, Chelmsford Forum Boards (on the shooting end), and homemade wooden brackets

Thoughts on Tim Thomas?

Postby Joe » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:31 am

Had a spirited discussion with Matt on Twitter today. I instigated, tweeting that Thomas should do less standing with the Catholics and more standing in front of pucks.

This is after he put a quote on his Facebook yesterday with regards to Obama's latest ruling on contraceptives in religious schools and hospitals.

I have my own thoughts on all of this (that I'll share shortly), but what do you think about all of this? About Tim Thomas the Cup-winning goalie becoming Tim Thomas the outspoken anti-government goalie?
I'm Joe from Backyard-Hockey.com and EliteRinks.com.

Please visit your "User Control Panel" and update your location, rink dimensions, and materials used. It helps us when giving advice.

Oh, and check out our new book -

Chris
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 60x40
Materials: 1" 4x8 plywood ripped into 3 16"x8' sheets.2"x4" & 2"x6" brackets
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Thoughts on Tim Thomas?

Postby Chris » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:05 pm

I think Thomas is a great goalie.

jesmith18
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 27 by 62
Materials: 2x10 boards with wooden stakes and a Nicerink liner

Postby jesmith18 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:14 pm

His mind definitely wasn't on hockey last night...

ah1fgunner
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:

Postby ah1fgunner » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:31 pm

Sometimes our bodies act like old cars. Our brains shift into neutral and the mouth rattles on..........

Matt
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 70x25
Materials: 2x10's and 2x12's. homemade wooden triangle brackets with 1" metal stakes.

Postby Matt » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:04 pm

My point was that i think he was the same way last year, in regards to his political beliefs, and because he was standing on his head and stopping everything it wasn't an issue or the media didnt really know about it. Now they're slipping a bit, and the media has to find out the cause as to why they are slipping, and instead of the media saying that they just arent playing as well in either zone, lets call it because timmy is causing distress in the locker room with his fanatical beliefs. Cause "fanatical beliefs" sells more papers and creates more buzz than "they just aren't playing as well". It would possibly help matters if he'd sit down and maybe have a discussion with the media on his thoughts, but that obviously isn't timmy's way. I sorta agree that he didnt sign anything giving up his right to have his own personal beliefs, but in a way he kinda did cause he's on television getting payed to play hockey. If he goes on a tear and rattles off shutouts in 4 of 5 starts though ain't no one gonna be talking about his facebook page anymore.

I don't see the bruins doing much about it though at this point. According to those that have been interviewed in the locker room its not an issue, so basically its mostly a media hyped story. I do hope it goes away though. Instead of talking about a thrilling OT game ESPN would rather talk about this. Its just bad press all the way around for hockey.

I'm not a boston fan, (unless they're playing philly or the canucks) but its obvious they haven't been as rock solid on d lately. And scoring is way down for the whole team as well. So i think that both of those two issues have to share some of the blame along with the shoddy tending in goal. But, as before, those explanations don't create buzz or sell papers.

Puck Scout
Rink Rookie
Rink Dimensions:
Materials:

Postby Puck Scout » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:17 pm

As long as he stops pucks and plays the way he is capable of it doesn't matter to me. I think the media is more excited about it than fans.
Decide what to be and go be it.

Matt
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 70x25
Materials: 2x10's and 2x12's. homemade wooden triangle brackets with 1" metal stakes.

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:32 pm

agreed.

Chris
Seasoned Veteran
Rink Dimensions: 60x40
Materials: 1" 4x8 plywood ripped into 3 16"x8' sheets.2"x4" & 2"x6" brackets

Postby Chris » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:34 pm

The way I see it is, facebook is not a hockey rink. If you want to learn about tim thomas' personal life...look at his facebook page. If you want to see tim thomas play hockey...watch the bruins play.
I dont have his facebook page and I count myself as a huge Thomas fan. I didnt know any of these things were even being said. If he hadnt not shown up at the white house neither would anyone else! Mike Felger is the only person Ive heard raving constantly about how awful this is. He could have made his point and his story and been done and moved on like everyone else, but instead he tears him apart every chance he gets because like Matt said, its a better story and people in the 'sports media' position have the power to say what the 'public opinion' is even though everyone's opinions are actually quite different.

Just like "no one" liked Bush and he got elected twice, and "no one" liked Obama and he got elected. Its not "no one" its "no one in my personal circle" so if you agree you agree and if you disagree you wont be swayed. The end. <--This is why there is no point to talking politics.

before everyone hates me and I'm no longer welcome on this board, I quit this subject :)

Return to “General Hockey Posts”